Welcome to Rask.com - the home on the web for Thomas ("Tom") Rask, B.Sc. Materials Science, M.Sc. Electrical Engineering.
I have chosen to limit my professional activities to:
- Logical Sites, Inc. ("LSI") - I am the Managing Partner and 75% owner of a highly successful internet publishing company. LSI and its predecessor company (Rask, Inc.) have existed since 1996.
- Private capital placement. - using my own money, I have provided several hundreds of thousands of dollars in funds to carefully selected and innovative companies in Scottsdale, AZ, San Jose, CA, Washington, D.C., Portland, OR and elsewhere. I am particularly proud that I used my own money and not OPM (Other People's Money).
- Expert counseling on UDRP issues - having won the heathrow.com and scania.mobi UDRP cases (the latter against a complainant with 150+ trademarks in 100+ countries), I believe I can assist others with their UDRP cases.
- Business advisory services - one thing I enjoy is taking an organization and making it more efficient, cutting costs and streamlining processes. I can take a money-losing business and make it profitable (that is, if it can be made profitable at all).
My resume can be found here.
In the personal arena.....
- Hobbies - I enjoy bicycling, travel and understanding how a business works. Yes, I actually count understanding how different businesses work as one of my hobbies.
- Accountability in government - tourism promotion in the State of Florida is one thing I know about through my work. Hundreds of millions of dollars of public funds are used each year for this effort, and there is tremendous waste, corruption and abuse in this area.
I am committed to holding elected officials accountable and I am putting my money where my mouth is. In the 2010 election cycle, I was the first person to donate to Pinellas County Commissioner Norm Roche's campaign. I donated the maximum allowed by law ($500) and I did so 4.5 months before anybody else donated any money. Mr. Roche won, defeating a 13-year incumbent who outraised Mr. Roche 10 to 1.
Click here for the ethics complaint that I filed against Jimmie Johnson (R), Mayor of Seminole, FL. The first page summarizes it pretty well. Once the investigation began in earnest, Mr. Johnson resigned citing health reasons. At that point, I filed a request to withdraw the complaint, which the Florida Commission on Ethics (FCE) granted. But that does not change the fact that Mr. Johnson was guilty as charged.
My insistence of accountability crosses party lines. Click here for the ethics complaint that I filed against Janet Long (D), currently a Pinellas County Commissioner. I am confident that when the FCE decides this case, they will find that Ms. Long did in fact violate Florida law. And I think she did it knowingly.
My e-mail address is tom [at] rask.com.
I write it this way to thwart spammers.